2018 Classic dates are Wednesday, June 13th thru Saturday, June 16th
NOTE INFO BELOW from 2017 Event. CHANGES for 2018 coming soon!
Wednesday and Thursday: Open shooting starting at 8:00, with any gun you wish to use. Super Sporting Clays, 5 Stand, Super Pigeon, Grouse Walk, Covey Up and Shooting Sportsmanís Driven Pheasant all available.
Friday: 60 Bird Flurry is sponsored by Mark’s Born Again Bird Guns as a separate event.
The Pump Gun Event will be shot Friday on the Super Sporting course. You need not be a registered shooter to play. Shoot as many times as you like with as many different guns as you like. 3 target presentation at each station. A special menu/score card will be provided for pump shooters. High score will receive a vintage pump gun.
Friday and Saturday: Only side-by-side shotguns to be used for all events. Main Events: 72 Hunter's Challenge Targets, 72 Super Sporting Clays, 36 Pigeon Ring Targets, and 36 Super Pigeon Targets. Additional side events both days.
- Entry fee: $320 if paid before 5-15-17 and $350 after. Includes: Banquet Saturday evening and Continental breakfast both Saturday and Sunday. Include additional $40 for each guest dining with you at the Saturday Banquet. Submit applications together if you prefer to shoot with a specific squad.
- REFER A SHOOTER: Receive $50 side event tickets when you refer a new shooter to sign up for MEC's Great Northern Side-by-Side Classic. The new shooter must write who referred them on their application and the recruiter must also claim the new shooter. New Shooter must be signed up for main events on Saturday & Sunday.
- Event will be limited to 120 participants, we expect there will be a waiting list so sign up early. Entrants will have scheduled shooting times.
- Saturday evening Banquet for entrants.
- Early sign-up prize donated by MEC
- Entrants will have scheduled shooting times.
- Side events available throughout the weekend.
- 2016 Vendors included: Steven Cobb, RST, Mark's Born Again Bird Guns, RES Engraving, Wingshooting Adventures, Vintage Doubles, Vintage Firearms, Baker's Gunsmithing, H.G. Lomas Gunmaker, Hosford & Co., Schwandt Classic Guns, 4R Gunsmithing, plus many more premier side by side dealers.
- We encourage you to bring your own ATV’s. Rental carts will be available. Rental carts must be reserved, paid for in advance and rented for the entire event; they are not offered on a daily basis.
- Over $12,000.00 of prize guns to be given away, along with other prizes by drawing.
- Camping is available, however we cannot provide full hookups. Several places have power available on a first come first serve basis.
- Walk-ons are welcome
The MRC Sportsman’s Club is a scenic venue, nestled in the woods 8 miles north of Medford on highway 13. Just an hour’s drive south of Park Falls, the “Ruffed Grouse Capital of the World”. (We think we have pretty good bird hunting too, but let’s keep that a secret!)
Join fellow devotees of traditional side-by-side guns in a weekend that will include a lot of shooting, hundreds of fine doubles to ogle (and maybe buy!), and camaraderie with other double gun lovers.